This Western Canadian foundry has successfully produced a mounting bracket installed in agricultural seed equipment as a foundry casting.
- Ductile iron material offering good performance while being more economical than the original steel part
- Significant cost reduction also related to the design
- Design offering superior performance in use
- Significantly increased strength
- Easier to install in equipment than the original welded version
Another example of the benefits of replacing certain types of welded parts with castings.
Credit: Casting Source magazine - May-June 2021 issue